Did you know:...
- Even if you do not live in a floodplain or have not had flooding issues before, you can still buy flood insurance. It could be more affordable than you might think.
- Homeowners and renters insurance does NOT typically cover flood damage, but you should ask your insurance agent just to be sure.
- If a large flooding event happens and it rises to the level of a federal declaration, most federal disaster assistance comes in the form of low-interest loans and you have to pay them back. There is a slim chance that you would ever be fully compensated by FEMA in the event of your home sustaining flood damage.
- There is typically a 30-day wait period between when you purchase the policy and when it becomes effective.
For more information:
- 95’ Estimated top of the flood protection dike in Afton.
- 94.8’ Highway 95 near 2nd Ave in Bayport may be closed.
- 94’ Estimated top of the flood protection dike at St Croix Beach.
- 92’ Abandoned railroad bed north of Vine Street to St Croix Street impacted.
- 91’ Dike Road impacted.
- 90’ HWY 95 between Afton and Bayport begins to flood. Lakefront Park bathhouse in Hudson affected.
- 89’ The city park in Bayport begins flooding. Lake Mallalieu dam gates overtopped.
- 86.75’ Buckeye Street Garage in Hudson impacted.
- 86’ Due to safety issues...the Stillwater lift bridge will be closed near this stage.
- 85.8’ First Street between Buckeye and Commercial Streets floods
- 85’ Several residences along the river may experience flooding in their basements. Front Street in Hudson WI closes.
- 84’ Second tier at Lakefront Park in Hudson floods.
- 83’ Minnesota and Wisconsin DNRs invoke a no wake zone on the river.
- 80’ Seawall at Lakefront Park in Hudson floods.
- 78’ The Stillwater Riverwalk becomes inundated
For questions, call Doug Berglund.
Washington County Sheriff’s Office