Explore Washington County Parks on June 3!
All Washington County Parks are free to enter this day! Check out the schedule of planned outdoor recreation and educational programs below:
Big Marine Park Reserve
- StoryStroll ~ 9:30 a.m. a librarian guided stroll for 30 minutes. Afterwards the story will be self-guided and remain displayed until 7 p.m.
Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park
Unfortunately, this park is closed to the public due to restoration and construction work. No planned activities at this location.
Hardwood Creek Regional Trail
- Self-Guided hiking, biking, in-line skating, and horseback riding along converted railroad line connecting communities of Hugo, Forest Lake, and Wyoming (9.5 miles) of paved trail; adjacent turf trail for horseback riding
- Historic Stairs Fitness Hike ~ 9 a.m. Meets on the front stairs
- Civil War Exhibit Grand Opening 9 a.m.
- 150th Anniversary Community Social 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Lake Elmo Park Reserve
- Outdoor Yoga Demos ~ 12:00-12:20 p.m., 12:30-12:50 p.m., 1:00-1:20 p.m. Meets at the South Picnic Pavilion, please bring a mat. If rain, class will be held under the pavilion
- Guided Bird Hike ~ 9 a.m. meets at the Nordic Center
- Introduction to Archery ~ by A-1 Archery Pros at the Archery Range ~ 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Fat Tire Bike Demos ~ 2p.m. at Eagle Point Trailhead.
- Registration (not required): DIRO Outdoors
- Campfire Program ~ 7:15 p.m. Something's Fishy! Presented by Leave No Trace - MN Chapter at the outdoor amphitheater in the modern campground. 45 minute program
Pine Point Regional Park
Point Douglas Regional Park
- Stand-Up Paddleboard (SUP) Demo ~ Noon to 3 p.m. By Prescott Paddle Co.
Square Lake Regional Park
- Stand-Up Paddleboard Yoga Demos ~ 9:00 - 9:20 a.m., 9:30 - 9:50 a.m., 10:00 - 10:20 a.m. Departs near the boat launch
St. Croix Bluffs Regional Park
- Campfire Program ~ 7:15 p.m. Reptiles, presented by Remarkable Reptiles at the outdoor amphitheater in the modern campground. 45 minute program
All children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Events will be held rain of shine, however in the case of severe weather, programs will be cancelled.