- general purpose dial-a-ride: increase use of transit service requiring advanced scheduling;
- community circulator: local transit for shopping, commuting, and participating in community activities;
- site-specific shuttle: connections for the beginning and end of an individual trip to get to major employers, institutions, or retail destinations;
- subsidized taxi or ride-hailing service: implement program for use of vouchers or subsidies for taxis and other transportation services;
- volunteer driver program: explore opportunities for volunteer reimbursement and driver incentives;
- travel information and referral services: compile and provide travel information and referral services, conduct countywide educational marketing campaign;
- trip brokerage: centralizing the scheduling of transportation services to maximize efficient use of resources and provide more choices for consumers.
The study listed options for the county to consider to continue to support residents and businesses with transportation solutions. In addition to describing existing transit services and needs, the report detailed solutions from other communities and regions that have addressed transportation needs.
The Washington County Board of Commissioners approved to final report in February 2018. Work is ongoing and updates will be included here as available.
The final draft of the Washington County Transit Needs Assessment is available for review.