Mental illness means an organic disorder of the brain or a clinically significant disorder of thought, mood, perception, orientation, memory, or behavior that is detailed in a diagnostic codes list published by the commissioner, and that seriously limits a person's capacity to function in primary aspects of daily living such as personal relations, living arrangements, work, and recreation.
To learn more about what we do click on "Services We Provide"
Statewide Crisis Number Pilot: The phone number is **CRISIS (**274747). This number can only be used from a mobile phone to route the caller to their local mobile crisis team.
Crisis Text Line: As of April 1, 2018, Minnesota’s suicide prevention and mental health crisis texting services are now available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. People who text MN to 741741 will be connected to Crisis Text Line. Crisis Text Line is offering Text-based suicide prevention services across Minnesota. People who text MN to 741741 will be connected with a counselor who will help defuse the crisis and connect the texter to local resources. Crisis Text Line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a toll-free number: 800-273-TALK (8255).
- Consumer Survivor Network of MN
- Mental Health Association of MN
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Office of Mental Health Practice
- State of Minnesota Department of Human Services
- State of Minnesota Office of the Ombudsman for Mental Health
- U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration