The Washington County Sheriff's Office provides internship opportunities for undergraduate college or university students who are enrolled in an accredited educational institution that has a structured internship program.
Students will have an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the field of law enforcement and public safety, while having a noticeable impact within the Washington County Sheriff's Office and the community we serve. Internships are available for students majoring in: law enforcement; criminal justice or criminology, crime analysis or public safety administration. Interns are not paid and the internship must be completed within six months. Internships are available for Summer and Spring semesters.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution which has a structured internship program.
- Internships must be taken for credit or grade.
- Interest in exploring career plans related to law enforcement, corrections, crime analysis or public service administration.
- Pass a background investigation and criminal history check
- Complete an internship application
- Letter of interest which includes future career goals, internship expectations the number of desired hours, and the name and contact information for academic advisor
- Dates the student will be available
- Application materials for spring semester internships are due by December 1, 2017.
Washington County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Sgt. Rebecca Broome
15015 62nd St. N.
P.O. Box 3801
Stillwater, MN 55082
You may also email materials to:
Upon receipt of application and materials, the applicant will be contacted with further information.